Photo Credit: Miss Universe Organization
What qualities and values guide you as a leader and role model for others?
The quality that has inspired me and has inspired millions of women and girls is humility and to be able to appreciate all of the little things, because that’s where the most valuable thing is: the essence of being human.
If you could live one year in another woman’s shoes, who would you choose and why?”
“I will choose Mary Wollstonecraft because she opened the gap and they gave an opportunity to many women. What I would do, I would want that gap, that income gap, would open up so that women could work in any area that they chose to work in because there’s no limitation for women. That was 1750. Now in 2023, we’re making history.
– Sheynnis Palacios (Miss Universe-Nicaragua, Miss Universe 2023)
Nicaraguan model and beauty pageant titleholder who was crowned Miss Universe 2023, her country’s first-ever crown, earning her title at the 72nd Miss Universe pageant held in El Salvador, succeeding Filipino-American R’Bonney Gabriel.
The 72nd Miss Universe 2023 November 18, 2023 – Final Competition.
Location: Gimnasio Nacional – Gym in San Salvador, El Salvador
Candidates from the following countries:
- Nicaragua, Spain, Puerto Rico, Namibia, Venezuela, India, Thailand, Chile, Jamaica, USA, Nepal, Peru, Cameroon, Colombia, Pakistan, Australia, Philippines, Portugal, South Africa and El Salvador.
- Puerto Rico, Thailand, Peru, Colombia, Nicaragua, Philippines, El Salvado, Venezuela, Australia and Spain.
- Australia, Puerto Rico, Nicaragua, Thailand, Colombia.
- Thailand, Australia and Nicaragua
- 72nd Miss Universe 2023: Miss Universe Nicaragua 2023 Sheynnis Palacios
- First runner up: Miss Universe Thailand 2023 Anntonia Porsild
- Second runner up: Miss Universe Australia 2023 Moraya Wilson
- Best National Costume Award in Miss Universe Philippines 2023 Michelle Dee
- Miss Congeniality 2023 Miss Universe Spain Athenea Paulinha Pérez